Lunch and learns that show you how your membership helps you gain referrals and save money.
Spread your message
Thanks for your interest in helping to advance the Calgary business community through a guest blog on CalgaryChamber.com. Please review this brief document to understand what we are looking for and what we require from you to make this happen.
As Calgary’s leading business organization our audience consists of businesses and business people that span virtually every facet of the Calgary business community.
We are however a member-based organization that exists to help our members succeed, and as such, only submissions from individuals at member companies will be considered.
We are looking for top notch subject matter experts to share deep insight beyond general knowledge and discuss issues that are particularly relevant at this time.
Posts should provide thought leadership and value to our readers, while avoiding topics that have been covered many times over. An effective Calgary Chamber guest blog post should either inform our readers on information that will affect their long-term strategy or make our readers want to stop what they are doing and spend the day applying what they have learned to their website or business.
We have limited opportunities each year for guest blogs, and we receive many more offers than we can accommodate. As such, we are very selective with the guest blogs we put forward.
What to submit initially
Before you spend the time crafting a full blog post, please take a minute to provide us with this content initially:
- Brief author bio
- Writing sample
- Proposed article title
- Proposed article outline
- Business strategy
- Human resources
- Accounting/financial management
- Small business advice
- Current trends
How to submit
Send an email with the above items to email@example.com (Subject: Guest blog submission) and we’ll let you know if we’re interested, at which point we may request you write the complete article and set a deadline.
Please allow 1-2 weeks for a response.
- Submissions must meet the Calgary Chamber’s quality requirements in order to be published, those requiring substantial editing will be returned
- Self-promotion and partisanship should be limited to your author bio
- Proper attribution must be given to facts, figures and phrases
- Original content only - content published on CalgaryChamber.com cannot be published on another platform or it will be removed from CalgaryChamber.com
- The Calgary Chamber reserves the right to edit/adapt/promote or reject your guest blog as we see fit
Full article writing suggestions
- Keep your post to less than 700 words
- Spend extra time crafting an engaging headline
- Divide your post into short, easy-to-skim paragraphs
- Use subheadings for each meaningful point and mark them with [h2] tags when submitting your draft post
- End your post with a powerful conclusion and an open question to engage readers and encourage comments