Lunch and learns that show you how your membership helps you gain referrals and save money.
The iF series was an innovative speaker series started by the Calgary Chamber in May 2011, which ran over the course of 18 months. The series was based on the notion that all great ideas begin by wondering “what if….” Building on this realization the iF series brought together a number of prominent business and community leaders to share the “what if…” ideas they chose to pursue that led to their incredible success. The goal of the iF series was to act as a catalyst for change, inspiring others to pursue their own “what if…” ideas to achieve their goals and change the world for the better.
May 19, 2011 – Launch Gala
The iF series launch gala gave attendees a taste of what to expect in up-and-coming events. Guests listened to Artistic Director of the Alberta Ballet Jean Grand-Maître, one of the most successful choreographers of his generation, talk about the inspiration behind his creativity. They also indulged in a live ballet performance of the Alberta Ballet’s Fumbling Towards Ecstasy, which featured the music of Sarah McLachlan .
Reviews from this event where stellar:
“The Chamber's iF Gala was a truly memorable evening. Highlighting many of our City's innovative citizens serves to stimulate our thinking and our aspirations to achieve our full potential as a world class place to live and work. My congratulations to the Chamber for producing a refreshing and enjoyable event.”
– D’Arcy Levesque, vice-president of public and government affairs, Enbridge
“Every aspect of the event screamed excellence. Today was a great day for the Chamber and I am very proud to be a member of the board. Don't take your foot off the accelerator!”
– Guy Huntingford, publisher, Calgary Herald
June 22, 2011 – Half-day conference
- Brenda Hemmelgarn, associate professor, departments of medicine and community health sciences, University of Calgary
- Ken Kristoffersen, creative director, POP Kollaborative
- Patrick Lor, president, Fotolia
- Bob McInnis, executive director, Brown Bagging for Calgary Kids
November 21, 2011 – Full-day conference
- Dariel Batemen, executive director, Calgary Reads
- Dan Bennett (a.k.a. – Transit), hip hop artist
- Curtis Paul Beringuette, associate professor, department of chemistry, University of Calgary
- David Brunning, graffiti artist
- Charlene Elliott, associate professor of communication, University of Calgary
- Peter Facchini, professor of plant biochemistry, University of Calgary
- Patrick Finn, instructor, University of Calgary
- Linda Heathcott, president and CEO, Spruce Meadows
- Dalia Kohen and Tabitha Archer, co-owners, The Coup restaurant
- Greg Kolodziejzyk, athlete, inventor and entrepreneur
- James McAra, CEO, Calgary Food Bank
- Marg Southern, co-chairman, Spruce Meadows
- Doug Walker, director of social strategy, Trigger Communications; founder, World Rock-Paper-Scissors Society
Didn’t get to experience the greatness of this iF full-day conference, or did and want to relive the experience? Watch it now.
February 29, 2012 – Half-day conference
- Jag Johal, founder, Johal Health Centre
- Toni Polchies, executive director, Aboriginal Futures Training and Career Centre
- Michael Green, curator and creative producer, Calgary 2012
October 29, 2012 – Half-day conference
- Darlene Fedyna, president and founder, Gymnastics Play-it-Forward Projects
- Michael Sikorsky, CEO, Robots and Pencils
- Morgens Smed, founder and CEO, Dirtt Environmental Solutions
- Lori Stewart, COO, eThor; founder, Awesome Foundation Calgary
Want learn more about the success secrets of the highly accomplished Calgarians who presented at this iF series event? Read more now.