Federal Advocacy: Priorities for a Competitive Future
2019 Federal Election Platform: Priorities for a Competitive Future
In advance of the upcoming federal election, we are launching a joint federal election platform with the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce.
We are joining forces with the Edmonton Chamber of commerce to speak with one collective voice about how Albertans, and all Canadians, can secure a competitive and prosperous future. In our joint platform, we highlight non-partisan election priorities that outline a pathway to contribute to the global fight against climate change, boost trade, increase tax competitiveness, close the skills gap, and address our fiscal imbalance.
Our platform includes 12 recommendations across five pillars for all parties’ consideration:
- Develop environmental and climate policies that stimulate competition
- Expand market access and trade
- Create a globally competitive tax system
- Close the talent and skills gap
- Plan for our fiscal future
We know that when businesses are successful, communities across the country benefit. Growing businesses create jobs, invest in Canada, and – most importantly – give back into our communities.
The choice is not EITHER OR. It is not a matter of being ‘pro-energy development’ or ‘pro-environment.’ We can do both, we must have more meaningful AND conversations to move forward, together. We must take decisive action to get Canadian products to international markets, stimulate innovation, increase market access interprovincially and internationally, develop talent and adapt to changing technologies, and fight climate change globally while sustainably developing Canada’s natural resources.
Our platform works to encourage all federal parties to take a unified and holistic look at Canada and ensure Canada is a global leader.
We encourage Calgary’s business community to read our full platform, and engage with us throughout the upcoming months as we talk more about Canada’s economy.
- [MEDIA] Rob Breakenridge: Priorities for a Competitive Future: Calgary & Edmonton Chambers Team up for Joint Election Platform
- [VIDEO]Federal Election Platform Introduction
- [VIDEO] Develop Environment and Climate Policies that Stimulate Competition
- [VIDEO] Expand Market Access and Trade
- [VIDEO] Create a Globally Competitive Tax System
- [VIDEO] Close the Talent and Skills Gap
- [VIDEO] Plan for our Fiscal Future