Change leadership. Change communities.
A new generation of leadership is emerging in our city. Leaders who recognize the inherent value of collaboration between the business sector and the charitable community. They see the opportunity and the responsibility of business to create a better economy and a better world. This type of leadership encourages a vibrant, inclusive and diverse Calgary.
GenYYC is a new leadership development program designed through a collaborative partnership between the Calgary Chamber and the Calgary Foundation, to support and encourage emerging young leaders in the city.
Through providing young leaders with an opportunity to better understand some of the complex issues facing our city, GenYYC creates a platform to envision how we can address those challenges, all while building a deep network with top leaders from across sectors.
GenYYC helps build great leaders, great organizations and a great community. We want you to be a part of it.
What the program includes:
- Immersive learning opportunities (“task force” days) built around emergent issues, from both the business and community sectors, that impact the city, and its citizens.
- Collaborative, cross-sectoral activities, planning and executing high-impact projects and events.
- Exclusive conversations with some of our city’s most dynamic community and business leaders.
- Exposure to training and coaching sessions to further develop each participants’ leadership skills.
- Networking and collaboration opportunities with GenYYC program peers.