Join Calgary’s Department of Building Tomorrow
GenYYC is a program designed to build leaders with the skills to create innovative, out of the box solutions that impact how we all live, work and play in Calgary.
Become a visionary leader and grow your community
GenYYC is a new leadership development program designed through a collaborative partnership between the Calgary Chamber and the Calgary Foundation. You help combine the power of the for-profit and non-profit sectors to create a better economy and a better world, while growing your leadership skills.
- Connect with a deep network of top leaders from across all sectors.
- Connect with diverse ideas.
- Create community impact initiatives.
- Become a leader that drives social responsibility forward in your organization.
- Build purpose-driven partnerships between businesses and community organizations.
- Mentorship from local leaders to help you grow as a professional.
Grow as a leader. Make the world a better place.
Through providing young leaders with an opportunity to better understand some of the complex issues facing our city, GenYYC creates a platform to envision how we can address those challenges, all while building a deep network with top leaders from across all sectors.
Why you should be GenYYC
- Because you want to be an impactful leader in Calgary.
- Because you want to understand community issues from different perspectives.
- Because you want to broaden your opportunities.
- Because you want to be a part of building Calgary’s future.
- Because you want mentors.
GenYYC is a two- year program running from January through December each year. The program curriculum consists of participation in approximately 15 GenYYC events per year.
All participants will also be asked to contribute as part of a Task Force group that will be responsible for planning GenYYC activities throughout the year.
Applicants should expect to commit between 60-80 hours of time per year to the program.
A new cohort of participants is accepted into the program each January. Applications for each cohort year are collected between April 1 – August 31.
The program is open to any person between the ages of 25-40.
The application window will open on April 1 of any given year and will remain open until August 31. Several program information sessions will be planned in the months leading up to the application deadline. If you would like to receive information about these sessions please fill out the contact form below.
The cost of the program is $1000/year for two years. This fee covers all program materials, events, activities planned during the 2-year commitment.
Fee assistance is available for qualified applicants.
Each cohort group will consist of 40-50 participants, for a total of 80-100 participants per year. Participants will be selected to provide equal representation from the corporate, entrepreneurial, non-profit/charitable and government/public sectors.