Emerging Entrepreneurs Scholarship
I have a Department of We’ve got Your Back
The Calgary Chamber, in partnership with The Distinguished Business Leaders Award and Coril Holdings, is pleased to support the continued growth and development of Calgary entrepreneurs through the Emerging Entrepreneurs Scholarship.
This fund is available only to Chamber members, with the goal of assisting emerging entrepreneurs to grow their businesses to the next level through access to eligible Calgary Chamber programs.
This scholarship gives you (and your team):
- Financial support to access Calgary Chamber programs that support business growth
- Learning opportunities to explore new business methodologies and mindsets
- Chance to connect with subject matter experts, business owner peers and potential investors to help you grow your business
Why should I participate in this program?
- Because I want my company to grow
- Because I need a little help to cover registration fees
- Because I’m interested in continuous learning opportunities
The Emerging Entrepreneur Scholarship can cover up to 50% of the registration cost for any one of the three main Calgary Chamber programs:
Access of the scholarship is subject to availability of funds. Funds are renewed annually, however it is possible, given the number of scholarship applicants, that the fund will be depleted before the end of any given year.
What won’t the scholarship pay for?
The Emerging Entrepreneur Scholarship will not cover the full amount of any program. The Chamber is looking for members who are invested to Nourish, Power and Inspire their organizations. We are excited to be able to support your initiative!
The scholarship cannot cover the cost of any event or conference tickets.
It also cannot cover the cost of membership.
Who can Apply?
The scholarship fund is intended to support small and medium growth focused businesses in Calgary. Applicants must be Calgary Chamber members, in good standing, who also meet the following criteria:
- Have been in business more than 3 years.
- Have between 3-50 employees.
- Have revenues over $500,000 per year.
- Have all membership dues and/or outstanding invoices up to date
- Can demonstrate clearly defined goals and how the Calgary Chamber programs can help them achieve these goals.
- Company has not previously received funds from the Emerging Entrepreneurs Scholarship.
How are decisions made?
- Below is an outline of the decision making and award process for the EES.
- An initial review of a completed application is done by the Program Development Innovator to ensure the applicant meets the basic application criteria. If necessary, the Program Development Innovator may request additional information from the applicant to ensure the criteria is met.
- The Program Development Innovator will ensure the program the applicant has requested to participate in is available, subject to space availability and start dates, and will advise the applicant if an application to the program itself is required.
- If the applicant meets the eligibility criteria for the scholarship, their business goals will be measured against the stated objectives and outcomes of the program they have applied for, for right fit. If there is potential misalignment between a business’s goals and the chosen program, an alternate program might be suggested that may better meet the needs of the business
- If it is determined that there is right fit, the Program Development Innovator will discuss potential start date options and process the program registration, applying the scholarship contribution to the invoice amount
- The business will then be responsible for covering the remaining portion of the registration fee prior to the program start date
Contact email@example.com for triage to appropriate Relationship Manager.