Certificates of Origin, commercial invoices, letters for business visas, and more.
The Calgary Chamber can certify a variety of documents, including Certificates of Origin, commercial invoices, and letters for business visas.
What is a Certificate of Origin?
As an international trade document, a Certificate of Origin identifies that goods being exported by shipment to another country have been manufactured or processed in Canada. It is required by customs as one of the key bases for determining duty on the goods being exported.
Online document certification
We built a tool that allows you to get Certificates of Origin and other export paperwork approved online. Without leaving the comfort of your desk, you can take advantage of faster service and better pricing.
With e-z Cert you will:
- Eliminate courier costs
- Reduce administration costs
- Reduce errors
- Improve turnaround time
- Receive prompt notification of acceptance or rejection
To get started, register using the button below and follow the registration steps. Once we receive your waiver, we will open your account for business.
On-site document certification
To have a document certified by the Calgary Chamber, please do the following:
- Print off and complete a document certification form.
- Have a lawyer, or commissioner of oaths, sign the document certification form.
- Bring a completed and signed document certification form to the Calgary Chamber, along with an additional copy for our records, with the appropriate payment.
If the documents being certified require less than 12 stamps but more than one shipment, it’s considered one set per shipment.
Cost (12 pages or less)
- Members: $36.75
- Non-members: $89.25
Cash, Master Card, Visa, Amex, and cheque are all acceptable forms of payment.
Note: Debit is no longer a form of payment for certification.
What time can I come for document certification?
Document certification services are available Monday to Friday, except for statutory holidays, from:
- 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Certifications are unavailable from 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm.
- 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Call 403-750-0400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.