Lunch and learns that show you how your membership helps you gain referrals and save money.
In June, to celebrate our 125th anniversary, the Calgary Chamber released a book called Dear Calgary: Letters to the Next Generation of Leaders. The goal of Dear Calgary is to impart wisdom from our city’s most accomplished, great leaders to help the next generations become great leaders themselves.
A city is only as strong as its human capital, and Calgary has been fortunate to house some of our country’s greatest leaders. To preserve this remarkable legacy the Calgary Chamber asked over 65 prominent Calgarians to write letters in which they share their advice and experience with our city’s next generation of leaders.
Remember too that mistakes come from taking risks. They’re not calamities; they’re teachers. If you’re not erring, you’re not taking risks. If you’re not taking risks, you’re not growing. If you’re not growing, you’re not living. And when you live and sometimes stumble, remember: it’s all in the recovery.
- Jim Dinning
Leaders in the book represent a diverse cross-section of Calgary’s leadership treasure trove – from the past and present, from diverse areas of business, art, science, sport, politics, community and everything in between. All have accomplished so much in their lives, and all have helped make Calgary a great city.
This book is filled with amazing insight on hard work, innovation, treating people well, handling adversity, being humble, collaborating and getting stuff done.
Calgary stands tallest when we rise on the shoulders of those who came before us. Ever since humans began to communicate, we have passed along our traditions, experiences and lessons through stories. Stories are powerful, and allow us to share so others can learn and evolve. The wisdom contained in Dear Calgary will inspire all of us to stand up and lead.
Included in Dear Calgary are letters from:
- Hayley Wickenheiser, four-time Olympic gold medalist
- Lois Mitchell, Lieutenant Governor of Alberta
- Paul Brandt, nine-time Juno Award winning country music artist
- Naheed Nenshi, Mayor of Calgary
- W. Brett Wilson, entrepreneur and philanthropist
Where to purchase the Dear Calgary book?
- To avoid a shipping fee, stop by the Calgary Chamber offices to purchase (#600, 237 8th Avenue SE)
- To get a book shipped to, please purchase it here
- For bulk orders please call Joya Sauder at 403 750 0425
Or pick up a copy at the following locations:
- Owls Nest (815A 49 Avenue SW)
- Indigo Chapters (Chinook Centre Mall)
- Indigospirit (CORE Shopping Centre)
- Pages Kensington (1135 Kensington Road NW)
- Glenbow Museum (Stephen Avenue Walk, 8th Avenue and 1st Street SE)
Purchase it at the following online retailers: