Lunch and learns that show you how your membership helps you gain referrals and save money.
The Calgary Chamber, in partnership with The Distinguished Business Leaders Award and Coril Holdings, is pleased to support the continued growth and development of Calgary entrepreneurs through the Emerging Entrepreneurs Scholarship Program (EESP).
This fund is available to both Chamber members and non-members, with the goal of assisting emerging entrepreneurs to grow their businesses to the next level through access to eligible Calgary Chamber programs, events and services.
Chamber members can apply to the Emerging Entrepreneurs Scholarship Program to cover the cost of program registration fees. Non-members can apply to become a member and cover the cost of eligible program registration fees. The Emerging Entrepreneurs Scholarship Program is capped at $5000 maximum per company.
Approved applications may receive part or all of the funds requested based on each approved business’s suitability for the program(s) they have applied for. Additional information and/or additional applications may be required to access certain programs.
Some of the programs eligible for funding include:
- Connected level membership (required for non-member businesses who apply to the fund)
- CEO Peer Mentoring programs
- Ignite Innovation Accelerator
- Ignite Innovation Primer Workshop Series
To be considered for the Emerging Entrepreneurs Scholarship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Been in business more than 2 years
- Have between than 10 - 99 employees
- Have revenues over $500,000 per year
- Can demonstrate clearly defined goals and how the Calgary Chamber can help them achieve these goals
- Can be either a member or a non-member of the Calgary Chamber (non-members must apply for membership as part of their application which will be deducted from the per company maximum)
- Company has not previously received funds from the EESP
- Can demonstrate willingness to commit fully to the EESP expectations
What are the expectations of participating in the Emerging Entrepreneurs Scholarship Program?
- Work with Program Coordinator to identify specific goals and outcomes from your company’s involvement with the Calgary Chamber, its events and programs.
- Actively work with the Chamber's Membership Team to ensure all member benefits are being utilized.
- Actively work with the Programming team to ensure registration in and attendance at programming funded by the EESP.
- Commit fully to the EESP to support positive outcomes and maximize success .
- Attendance at Distinguished Business Leaders Awards dinner.
- Willingness to speak publicly about your experience and participation in a funded programs like this.
- Complete additional applications as required for specific programs to ensure the right fit.
How to apply
Once your initial application has been reviewed by the EESP Committee, you'll be asked to come for an in-person interview.
If you have any additional questions, or to submit your application, contact Johanna Clark, Program Development Innovator at firstname.lastname@example.org.