Employment Standards Code and Labour Relations Code
About the policy
In February 2017, the Alberta Government announced they were planning to make changes to the Employment Standards Code (ESC) and Labour Relations Code (LRC). Together, these acts legislate most of the employer-employee relationship, and changes to them could have far-reaching effects for our business community.
What we are doing
We were an active voice on this issue, submitting three formal letters on the proposed changes to the ESC and LRC, creating a tool to allow members send a prepared letter to their MLA, and providing an in-depth analysis on the proposed changes.
- [Blog] Alberta's Workplace Legislation Review: It's a big deal for your business
- [Submission] Minister of Labour Christina Gray on ESC (PDF)
- [Submission] Alberta Labour Relations Code Review Submission 2017 (PDF)
- [Bill 17 Analysis] Impact to every business: What new workplace legislation means for you (PDF)
- [Video] Statement on Bill 17: Guilty until proven innocent