Resources to help you plan for the unexpected
When disaster strikes these resources will help you understand how to construct a plan for your business and employees to get through.
- Business Continuity Handbook
- Reference guide (with examples)
- Sign up for the Emergency Business Contact Database
Find out how prepared your business is and better understand your insurance needs with our diagnostic tool. In partnership with the Insurance Bureau of Canada, we have developed a tool to help you find gaps in your business continuity plan, and to help you business better prepare for diaster.
Why does my business need a business continuity plan?
Disasters big and small happen without warning, and being unable to provide your products and services to your customers can seriously hurt your business reputation. Having a plan in place before a disruption can make for a more effective response and faster recovery.
- With a plan in place, your business is better equipped to:
- Remain competitive by staying open for business.
- Reduce the financial losses you may incur.
- Identify the weaknesses within your business.
- Improve your dealings with banks, creditors, investors, and insurers by showcasing your appetite for business resilience.
- Protect staff and customers from harm.